Geography Lesson 1 (22/02/21)
LI: To be able to identify where our food comes from.
- Look through your cupboard at home an pick out some of the items that you’d have for a meal.
- Write them in a list.
- Now it is time to figure out where your food comes from. Look at the packaging for information on the origin of the food.
- When you have found the origin colour it in on the world map. Write down next to the food in the list where the food is from.
Science Lesson 1 (23/02/21)
LI: To be able to categorise living and non-living things.
- We have previously studied the different ways that we can categorise a group of things: such as mammals, birds, fish, crustaceans and so on. Today you will need to sort the images on your sheet into living or non-living fossils.
- A living fossil is a life form that has survived with little change for a large period of time and which are still around today!
- A not living fossil is a life form which has not changed for a large period of time but is not around today.
- You should then do some research of your own to add to the two categories, find at least two examples for both.
- Finally, are we as humans living fossils? Explain your answer using the definition above to help you.
Geography Lesson 2 (24/02/21)
LI: To be able to research and create a Fairtrade poster
- Use the internet to research and answer the three questions.
- Pick an item from the third question, make sure you have researched this in detail.
- Create a poster to advertise the item highlighting the positive points about it. This should be eye-catching to grab somebody’s attention.
ICT Lesson 1 (25/02/21)
LI: To be able to explain how the internet works.
- Today, we will be discovering how we are able to use the internet so easily from nearly anywhere in the world!
- So how does it work? Follow the link below to read up on how we receive information and what processes occur to put the internet at our fingertips.
- Create four questions of your own that you would ask a friend. The answer must be in the reading you have done.
- Go on to the assignment tab on Teams and complete the quiz about ‘How the Internet Works’.
Art Lesson 1 (26/02/21)
LI: To be able to design my own Venetian Mask
- Masks are very important in Venice, Italy. Every year they celebrate the Carnival of Venice at Easter.
- The carnival holds a ‘most beautiful mask’ competition where the masks compete against each other in astounding colours and intricate designs.
- Study the examples of Venetian masks on the pictures.
- Then design and create your own mask. Remember to use colour!
- You could cut out your mask and attach piece of string to try it out yourself!
Awards we have received so far.