Geography – Lesson 1: Biomes and Climate
LI: To be able to make a fact file about a country of your choice.Look at this clip:
Read the information on the web page to remind yourself about biomes and climates.
This will help you to describe the climate, weather and landscape of the country you choose to study and write a postcard from.
You will need to...
Choose a country that you want to study.
Carry out research (look in an atlas, go online, ask your family).
Find out about the population, the language and the culture.
Find out about the climate zones and biomes.
Find out about key human and physical features e.g. mountains, rivers and landmarks.
Can you draw a map of the country and include key cities? Can you draw the flag and research about why it has the design it has?
Geography Lesson 2
LI: To be able to write a postcard from your chosen country.
- You will need to use the information that you gathered in task 1 to help you to write your post card.
- Look through your post card template.
- You can use the template provided or create your own! We look forward to where you write from.
LI: To be able to consider how a create adapts to live in its environment
Your task: To create an imaginary creature that is adapted to a desert environment. You will need to: Learn more about/revise adaptation.
You could look at this clip or google animal adaptations.
Think about what the conditions are like in a desert environment.
Consider the features that your animal will need to survive the heat/cold and lack of water.
Draw, name and label your animal.
Write about your animal’s adaptations. Can you create animals for other environments?
Art Lesson 1
LI: To create a self-portrait showing my interests
- You will need to...Spend some time thinking about what makes you, you.
- Think about your family, your friends, your beliefs, your home(s) and all the things that you enjoy.
- Jot down some of your ideas and make a few sketches to go with them.
- Look in a mirror or at photographs of yourself and practise drawing your head and shoulders.
- Think about the shading techniques that we have learnt.
- Finally, produce a portrait picture of yourself and add to it images of things that are important to you.
- Frida Kahlo (a Mexican artist) used to include images of plants and animals native to Mexico in her paintings!
Awards we have received so far.