Lesson 1 – To identify relative clauses.
1. Read a poem
• Read Superheroes I could have been.
• What do you like about the poem? Is there anything that you dislike about it? Can you spot any patterns? Which is your favourite idea for a superhero?
2. Learn about Relative Clauses
• Use the PowerPoint or Revision Card to learn about Relative Clauses and Relative Pronouns. The PowerPoint gives you the teaching.
• Compete Superheroes 1 and 2. You could challenge yourself to complete Superheroes 3 as well.
Well done. Share your sentences with a grown-up, who can check that they make sense. (You can check some of your answers at the end of the pack)
3. Illustrate one of the superheroes
• Choose one of the superheroes from Superheroes I could have been.
• Make an illustration of them.
• Label your illustration to explain their powers.
Lesson 2- To identify figurative language.
Figurative language makes your writing more interesting and expressive and can help you to communicate your ideas more effectively.
Some types of figurative language are: Simile, Onomatopoeia, metaphor and personification.
Complete the worksheet in your pack. Ensure to complete the ‘Let’s Practise’ section first.
Lesson 3 – To use and identify homophones.
Some words are used incorrectly (even by adults!). Knowing your homophones can really help you choose the correct words for the context you are in.
Homophone means same sound.
Complete your worksheet. You will need to use an online dictionary to help you:
Lesson 4 – To use irregular plurals.
Read the table on the worksheet for today in your work pack. Think about how to make words, which have different letter combination at the end, into plural.
You will need to use this table throughout your lesson to help you complete the worksheet.
Lesson 5 – To identify idioms.
Idioms are so much fun!
They are groups of words that do not mean exactly what they say!
Look at the example on your worksheet. I’m feeling under the weather – does not literally mean you are standing under the weather! It means you are feeling unwell!
Complete the practise section then complete your worksheet!
It’s a piece of cake…
Awards we have received so far.