The Little Red Hen
Watch “The Little Red Hen” as much as you can as we are going to learn to retell the story this week.
Have a go at joining in with the story whilst you are listening to it – join in with “who will help me?” and “Not I!”
After, or whilst you’re watching the story talk to your child about what is happening to the characters.
Ask your child questions like:
- Pause the video and ask: what happens next?
- Who are the characters in the story?
- What do the characters say to the hen when she asks for help?
- Is it kind to help your friends when they ask for help?
- Talk about how to be a good friend.
- Why do you think the animals didn’t want to help the hen?
Have a go at making your own Little Red Hen Handprint! Draw around your hand in a red pen and add a beak, eyes, feet, feathers and make it look like the little red hen in the story!
Awards we have received so far.