This page is to be used if you are isolating at home due to COVID. Please also use the link "phonics activities".
Please use the links below to complete the work during your isolation.
Go through the White Rose maths videos and activities with your child. This is what we will be learning in school over this half term.
Our artist of the month is Claude Monet.
Have a look at some of the work we have explored and have a go at recreating them at home using lots of different media.
You might want to use things like:
- crayons, felts, pencils
- collage and glue
- old boxes and bottles cut up to collage
- ripped paper to layer
On top of these activities your child can be:
- practising their name writing, if your child feels comfortable to write their first name they can begin learning their second.
- learning to write other letters of the alphabet - concentrate on one letter per day
- learning to write numbers 0-10
- reading their home reader and library book - spend the time to keep practising until your child is fluent
- reading as many story books as you possibly can
- drawing and painting pictures - you could teach your child how to paint particular objects or animals to support their artistic development
- look at different artists' work - try recreate them using the things you have in your house: ripped paper, paint, glue and collage items, felt tips, crayons.
- make a reading river together, write a list of all of the things you read around the house, you might even want to make a "real" river in the living room using blue fabric or bedsheets and place all of the objects you can read along the river!
You can send any completed work via email to Miss Jenkins at:
Awards we have received so far.