Thank you to all those parents who attended Parents' Evening this term - over 80% of you managed to meet up with your child's teacher! It is so important we keep in regular contact to discuss your child's progress. If you have not managed to meet up yet, please arrange a meeting with your child's teacher or mention it to the office!
We had a great response to our questionnaires following Parents' Evening - over 80 of you completed the forms. Here are the key outcomes:
- 91% of your said your child enjoys school.
- 95% agreed that felt your child is safe whilst at Forestdale.
- 95% believed their child was taught well.
- 93% believed their child made good progress.
- 92% stated that their child enjoyed extra curricular activities.
- 92% thought the school listened to your concerns.
- 91% thought the school was well managed.
- 93% would recommend our school to others.
Things a few of you want us to work on and we would welcome any further feedback to improve the way we do things here!
'More variety of after school activities would be great.'
We currently run a Multi-Skills Club, Chess Club, ICT Club, and Badminton - see our After School Club Page. If you have any ideas of other activities please speak to Mr Foster.
'I feel the school could communicate better.'
We are always looking for ways to improve communication. We have the text messaging service; school APP and this website alongside the regular newsletters etc. If you have any issues or concerns regarding communication, please speak to Mr Foster.
'My child struggles with her writing due to the pens you use can she use biro?'
We are currently trialling the use of thick Bic biro pens in Year 6 and will keep you posted how the trial works out. If successful we will roll these out to the other year groups using pens.
Remember there is a Parents' Forum which we would like to grow further - speak to Mrs Hill for further details.
Awards we have received so far.