W/C 12th October
Hello Nursery children!
This week the children are very interested in Halloween, so we are reading Julia Donaldson’s ‘Room on the Broom’.
You can watch the film version here:
Talk to your child about the story.
- Who are the characters? (The witch, the dog, the cat etc). Have a go at drawing their favourite character.
- What happens in the story? List the events and try and put them in order.
- Why does the dragon fly off at the end?
- Where does the witch fly? Look at the pictures or on the film – are there forests? Lakes? Towns? Castles?
We are looking at spooky mark making this week.
- Have a go at drawing spiders on a web. How many legs does it have?
- Design a pumpkin face to go on your pumpkin!
- Be careful to hold your pencil with a tripod grip.
- Make some playdough and create your own spooky monster, spider or witch!
- We are continuing our learning with the number blocks this week.
- Remind yourselves of the number blocks by watching 1, 2 and 3 on iplayer.
- Go on a number hunt to see if you can find the numbers 1, 2 or 3 anywhere in your house. Look at packaging, buses that go past, on remote controls or telephones.
Awards we have received so far.