W/C 16th November
Hello Nursery children!
Each week the magic toy box arrives and we have a look inside to see what toys are inside. Last week it was dinosaurs and the book ‘Harry’s Bucketful of Dinosaurs’. This week, we opened the box to find some paper dolls and the book ‘Paperdolls’ by Julia Donaldson.
You can share the story with your child by following the link and make your own by using the picture instructions below.
- Draw faces and clothes on your paperdolls and make up stories about where they are going – just like in the book!
- We are continuing our learning with the number blocks this week. Remember to watch episodes 1-5 on iplayer.:
- We are also focussing on fine motor skills ready for writing. Build up your finger strength with some dough disco!
Here is the playdough recipe we use at school:
4 Cups Plain Flour
1 ½ Cups of Salt
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Cup of Water
Mix flour and salt together.
Stir in oil.
Add a little bit of water at a time to make a dough.
Other fine motor activities:
- Threading penne pasta onto a string to make pasta jewellery.
- Cutting paper into strips and sticking it to make paper chains
- Pencil control dot-to-dots
Awards we have received so far.