W/C 23rd November
Hello Nursery children!
This week in the Magic Toy Box – there were some old toys from a long, long time ago! There was also the book ‘Major Glad, Major Dizzy’ which is about old toys having adventures under the floorboards!
Here are some of the pages from the book. Look carefully at the pictures.
Major Glad, Major Dizzy
- Talk about what you can see. Are there any clues in the pictures to show it is from a long time ago? (e,g, steam train, record player).
- Talk to your children about things from the past – the toys you or their grandparents used to play with.
- Look at old family photographs – look for more historical clues.
- Ensuring that you keep everyone safe, ask older relatives about life when they were little and toys they played with. Perhaps they can tell you interesting things that happened to them a long time ago.
We would love to hear about your historical investigations- so please upload anything you do to the Tapestry App.
- We are learning about simple 2D shapes such as circle, square and triangle. Go on a shape hunt to see what you can find.
- We are continuing with Dough Disco and some pencil control activities. See the Tapestry App for more details.
Awards we have received so far.