W/C 30th November
Hello Nursery children!
This week in the Magic Toy Box – there was a let from some crayons telling us that they had quit and were not going to do drawing anymore! We will be looking at the Drew Daywalt book ‘The Day the Crayons Quit’ and finding other ways to write and make marks.
Watch the story here:
The Day the Crayons Quit
Tasks (Literacy focus):
- Find things around your home that you can write with (that isn’t a crayon!). This could be writing with a stick, lollypop stick, or toy! Now write with it in sand, flour or oats to make marks!
- Try using a peg to find different things you could make marks with – maybe in paint! (see the picture)
- Think about the colours of crayons you might have. Which is your favourite? Can you line them up to make a rainbow?
- What could you draw? Some children like drawing animals or dinosaurs! Maybe your grown up could draw something and you can colour it in!
- We will be looking at Number Blocks again this week on Iplayer (see previous weeks to get the link or search for it on your devices).
- We will be looking particularly at which numbers are bigger and smaller (1-5). Use objects you have in your house to do some number work. Share the toys with your adult or a sibling. If you have 2 objects and your friend has 5 objects – who has more? Who has fewer or less?
- We will be sending home number cards see if you can match the right number of objects to the numerals. E.g. 5 objects for ‘5’.
Awards we have received so far.