W/C 5th October
Nursery Home Learning
5th October 2020
Hello and welcome to Nursery's home learning page for this week. We are settling in well now and getting used to Nursery routines and expectations. Last week we enjoyed 'The Tiger Who Came to Tea' story and the tiger even joined us at our own tea party!
The children's favourite rhyme is 'The Dingle Dangle Scarecrow' and they ask to sing it all the time! See if your child can sing the song and do the actions! Let us know if they have any new favourite rhymes.
We will be introducing our new friends the ‘Numberblocks’ this week. We will be looking closely at 1, 2 and 3. Find the cbeebies episodes to watch them and then do some of the following activities below.
1 2 3
- Find ‘one’ in many ways. In your everyday life, ask your child “Please give me one toy car”, repeat with one chip, one doll. Reinforce that it is just one!
- Find body parts we have one of e.g. belly button, nose and tongue.
- Find twos/pairs of things. Pairs of shoes or socks and body parts that we have two of e.g. legs, arms and ears.
- Find groups of three things. E.g line 3 rubber ducks up on the side of the bath and count them. Repeat with 3 cars, dolls, bricks.
In nursery we need to do lots of this to look after ourselves. We have free flow snack and children are taught to clean up spill and throw rubbish away themselves. We ask children to wash their hands on their own and put their own shoes and look after their own belongings.
- Help your children by involving them in mealtimes/snack times at home. Let them pour a drink (just a little bit of water!) and show them where the cloths are to help clean up spills.
- Ask them to help lay the table for dinner.
- Help your children by teaching them to put their shoes on and praise them when they do it all by themselves!
- Talk to your children about putting rubbish in the bin.
- Ask your children about their box and peg at school and what they put where. What do they need to put in their box? Artwork, pictures, cardigans and jumpers.
Awards we have received so far.