Forestdale Primary School
Believe - Aspire - Excel
18th January 2021
F1 Nursery Home Learning - Week 3
This half term we are learning about song and rhymes. Please complete these activities at home! Upload evidence to the Tapestry App – we look forward to seeing it! This sheet is available on the website for links.
Down in the Jungle
This week we are learning the song ‘Down in the Jungle’ – watch it using the link below or google ‘down in the jungle song bbc teach’.
- Look at the Jungle activities in the pack- there will be copy of the rhyme for you to sing!
- Complete the jungle themed pencil control sheets – remember the rules about sitting at a table and how to hold the pencil.
- Use playdough (see recipe below) to create your favourite jungle animal! Tell your grown up about its body parts and what sound it makes.
- Use the jungle drawing sheets to practise drawing the animals – what body parts do they have? E.g. Round tummy, long neck, short legs – how many legs?
- Now have a go at drawing your own on the jungle themed paper – and I have put in some jungle animal colouring too – try to keep in the lines!!
- Use the checklist and ‘I Spy’ sheet to play the I Spy game. See if you can use your ‘good looking’ skills to find all the things on the list! If you have siblings you could play the game and practise taking turns.
- Use the Alliteration sheet to play the games. Explain to your child that in some words, the first sound is the same e.g. snake, snail, supper, scooter. Really emphasise the first sound when you say it!
Watch Number Blocks 1-5 on Iplayer to remind the children
- Complete the number sheets in your pack.
- Ensure they are counting carefully and practising recognising the numbers.
Watch this 2D shape song:
- Use the Shape hunt sheet to go on a shape hunt to see what around your house has these shapes on!
4 cups Flour
1 ½ cups salt
1 to 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 to 2 cups water
- Mix together flour and salt (add any dry spices or herbs at this point!)
- Stir in oil
- Mix in water a little at a time to form a dough (put any liquid food colouring in the water if you wish)
Awards we have received so far.