Safeguarding & Child Protection
At Forestdale the safety of the children in our community is of the upmost importance. We have robust procedures and policies in place to enable all staff act if they feel there is a safeguarding concern with one of our children. The decisions we make are always with the child in mind.
Please find below the details of our Designated Safeguarding Leads in School
Below is critical information if you are visiting Forestdale Primary School:
Our school is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment underpinned by our school values and British values where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to.
- Giving children the tools they need to understand how they should be treated and how they should treat others. Although a lot of this is taught through our PSHE programme Jigsaw staff reinforce these messages constantly. Children will be taught about healthy and unhealthy relationships, about taking risks and encouraging their self esteem, self assertiveness and confidence.
- Effectively tackling any child on child abuse including bullying, discrimination and harassment.
- Train all staff to be alert to indicators of abuse or neglect and be confident to report these matters.
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of neglect or abuse.
To view our Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy please go to the Key Information tab and click on policies or click on the link below to access all of our key policies:
These are the SMART rules we teach children for when they are using the internet. For more on e-safety click on the page on the Safeguarding Menu.
Awards we have received so far.