Q5: How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child’s learning in school?
- Liaison with class teacher in the first instance.
- Scheduled Parents’ Evenings.
- Termly and Annual Reviews.
- Discussion about progress either informal or formal through scheduled meetings.
- Open Door Policy of School.
- SENCO advice and coordination.
All children’s progress, including those children or young people with special educational need, is tracked using the school’s assessment tracking system. Pupils are assessed regularly using teacher marking, observations and questioning as well as more formal assessments such as curriculum tests and standardised tests.
In Birmingham we also have access to the Birmingham Language and Literacy, and Maths toolkits which support assessment when a child or young person is making small steps of progress. When appropriate this helps the school to monitor how well interventions are working to ensure we are providing support to help the child progress. The progress each child is making is discussed at pupil progress meetings with the class teacher and Senior Leadership.
Awards we have received so far.