Forestdale Primary School
Believe - Aspire - Excel
Q3: What are the different types of support available for children with SEND at Forestdale?
- Teachers change what they are teaching or the way they teach to help the child or young person learn more with the rest of the class.
- Extra support can be given in a small group by an adult to help the child or young person learn the things they are finding difficult.
- Extra support can be given to the child or young person by an adult for short times during the day in the form of a variety of interventions.
- Individual support plans are developed and reviewed termly. These are called Emotional, Social and Physical Development Care Plan (ESPD).
- Advice from a specialist support teachers or other professionals will be called upon if required.
Access to the sensory room if appropriate.
If they have physical difficulties, accessing school through the doors will be helped by ramps at the front of the building and expanding doors as they travel through corridors.
Awards we have received so far.