Q4: How can I be involved with my child’s learning and progress?
Our school has an open door policy, ensuring we are always approachable so parents feel involved in the education of their child. This is done in a variety of ways including:
- Review meetings with the person who best knows the child, usually the class teacher, (and support staff where relevant) and the SENDCo. Outside agencies will be invited if appropriate.
- Target setting so parents can see what their child is working on next.
- If appropriate home/school books to communicate with parents important information and vice versa.
- Curriculum updates on the website to inform parents of what will be going on during the term.
- Class newsletters half termly to share what the children will be learning.
- Home reading logs.
- Information on the school website.
- Parents’ evenings.
- Parent workshops
- Signposting to parent groups.
- Parents’ views Annual Review documents.
Awards we have received so far.